Libraries are Beautiful – Inside and Out
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE CONTEST. The Sponsor of this Contest is Gale, a part of Cengage Learning, Inc., 27500 Drake Road, Farmington Hills, MI 48331-3535 (the "Sponsor").
1. ELIGIBILITY: Cengage Learning's Beautiful Library Photo (the "Contest") is open to legal residents of the continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii, 18 years of age or older ("Eligible Participant"). Void where prohibited. Employees, directors and officers, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), and their respective household members, of the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agents are not eligible to enter. Promotion is subject to all federal, state, and local laws.
2. CONTEST TIMING: The Entry Period for the Contest begins at midnight (EST) on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 and ends at midnight (EST) on Friday, March 28, 2014 (the "Entry Period"). Judging of entries will begin at or about midnight (EST) on Friday, March 28, 2014 and end at or about midnight (EST) on April 10, 2014 (the "Judging Period"). The Judging Period may be extended in the event of a tie in any given entry category. All Contest times will be measured by the Sponsor's computer system clock.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, visit our online entry form, complete all required fields on the online entry form and submit a single image file with a 250 word description of the image. The entry form will require the following information
The image file is subject to the following requirements:
Entries must be received during the Contest Promotion Period in order to be eligible. There is a limit of one (1) entry per category per person/email address. Subsequent entries received from the same person/email address in the same promotion period will be disqualified. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification. Entries that have been generated by a script, macro, bot, or any other automated means will be deemed void. Proof of mailing or emailing does not constitute proof of delivery. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected entries. Sponsor's decisions are final on all matters relating to this Contest. If a dispute results as to the identity of an online entrant, it will be deemed that the online entry was submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address from which the entry is made. For these purposes, the authorized account holder is the natural person assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
4. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS:
Prizes will be awarded to the libraries represented in the winning entries. Judging consists of two (2) rounds of evaluation. In Round One, each judge in a panel of external experts ("Judges") will select five (5) entries that best capture the category theme from amongst each category, to comprise a total of 25 finalists. The entries selected in Round One will proceed to Round Two. In Round Two, the Round One selectees shall be posted to an online voting forum for selection of the general public. Winners will be chosen on or about April 10th, 2014 and will be notified by e-mail. In the event of a tie, the tied entries will be re-submitted to the external Judges for to determine the final winner per category.
overall Best of Show winner, as well as One (1) winner
, and one (1) Honorable Mention will be selected in each category. Entrants need not be present to win. The potential winners will be notified by electronic mail within seven (7) days of the selection. Judges' decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. The failure to accept a prize within fourteen (14) days of notification, or if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in the entrant being disqualified, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. Allow 6-8 weeks from confirmation for delivery of prize. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received for the Contest Period.
If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, by reason of infection by virus, worms, tampering, or other unauthorized technical or human intervention, fraud, technical or mechanical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole evaluation of the Sponsor, may compromise the administration, security, fairness or integrity of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, and select the Winner of the Contest from the Entries received prior to the action taken or in other such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor, as allowed by law.
5. PRIZE: There will be a total of 11 prizes awarded - each to the library that is represented in the photo submitted. A prize of Twenty five hundred dollars ($2500) will to be paid to the Library represented by the One (1) Best of Show winner. Five (5) First Prizes of five hundred dollars ($500.00) each will be paid to the Library represented by each category's winning entry. Five (5) Honorable Mention Prizes of an 11"x14" matted and framed print of the entry image will be awarded to the Library represented by each category's Honorable Mention selectee.
All taxes and any other costs related to the prize not specifically stated within these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winning library. Prizes are not transferable and no substitutions or cash equivalents are permitted, except that Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Specifics of the prizes are in Sponsor's sole discretion. All prizes will be awarded. If winner is deemed a minor in his/her state or place of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian.
7. COPYRIGHT. All Entries submitted to the Contest must be original. You must be the sole owner of any copyright and all other intellectual property rights in and to any Entry submitted. Your submission of each Entry is Your acknowledgement, warranty and guarantee that You are the author, creator and/ or sole owner of copyright(s) and other intellectual property rights in and to the Entry submitted. By submitting an Entry, You also represent and warrant that the Entry does not infringe on the copyright, right of publicity, privacy rights or any other intellectual property or other right of any other persons or entity, that You have secured any and all waivers and permissions necessary with respect to persons and subject matter in the Entry and that You have not submitted the Entry to any other contest. You shall retain the copyright to any Entry and all other rights thereto EXCEPT: by entering the Contest, You agree to have Your submitted Entry displayed by Sponsor on Sponsor's Website without any fee or other form of compensation. In addition, You hereby grant an unlimited royalty free license to the Sponsor to copy, display, perform, store, broadcast, distribute or otherwise use Your Entry for any purpose, potentially including display at a potential exhibition of winners, and publication of a book featuring select entries in the Contest. You also grant the Sponsor unlimited authority to sublicense such rights to any third party, including, but not limited to, affiliated companies or any trade association. You agree that the Sponsor shall have the exclusive right to edit, creative derivative works of, adapt modify and publish Your Entry and may use it in any media in association with the Contest without attribution or compensation to the You, his or her successors or assignees or any other entity. You agree that the Sponsor will not be liable to You or to any third party for any use, editing, adaptation, modification and/or publication of any Entry.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: YOU HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS CENGAGE LEARNING, INC. AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AND SHAREHOLDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASEES") FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, COSTS, AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ATTORNEYS' FEES) INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND (COLLECTIVELY, "CLAIMS"), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR ANY CLAIMS ARISING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND ANY CLAIMS BROUGHT BY THIRD PARTIES. PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR HAS NOT MADE NOR IS IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO SPONSOR'S SITE AND SPONSOR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, damaged, misdirected, or stolen entries or submissions, or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, technical, human, or electronic. Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, inability to access a website, complete an online entry form, fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions, or inaccurate transcription of entry information, whether caused by the Sponsor, by users, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user's system or limit a participant's ability to participate in the Contest. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of this Contest, or modify these Official Rules at any time without notice, if in the judges' opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or integrity and proper play of the Contest. In such event, Sponsor may void any entries they suspect are at issue and award prizes from among all eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN YOU OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR ANY ONLINE SERVICE RELATED TO THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate the rules or interfere with this Contest in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that entrant's eligibility to participate in the Contest. Any attempts by an individual to access any website associated with this competition via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorized means will result in the IP address and all entries from that IP address becoming ineligible.
9. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
10. WINNERS' LIST: Winners' names will be available online at www.gale.com/BeautifulLibrary on or about April 14, 2014.